Sunday, December 27, 2009

Homemade Pancakes

Homemade Pancakes

Ingredients
2 Tbsp oil
1 egg
2 Tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
dash salt

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Cook like you normally would a pancake. Serve with butter and syrup.


For variations, try the following:

*Add chocolate chips (about 1/2 cup) and a mashed banana for banana chocolate chip pancakes.
*Add one mashed banana to the batter for banana pancakes.
*Add blueberries or strawberries or a mixture of both for berry pancakes.
*Add 1 to 2 peeled and chopped apples and some cinnamon (to taste) for apple cinnamon pancakes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The best Pancake mix I ever had was KRUST-EZZE. But their Belgian Waffle Mix is bitter from all that baking powder in it. I try to do all my baking without baking powder. I use baking soda and an acid such as buttermilk, vinegar, or lemon juice for leavening instead. I made yeast raised pancakes not too long ago. They weren't to bad.